Skip to main content

Bilborough United v Ashland Rovers

12.45pm  29 April 2016

Nottinghamshire Senior League, Division One
Bilborough United 1 Ashland Rovers 0 (att 238)

From the morning's match in Beeston it was a short and simple drive to the Nottingham suburb of Nuthall, and the Basil Russell Park which is now home to Bilborough United.

It's a park pitch, but a pleasant one with the pitch roped off and close to a pavilion that sits on top of a grass bank. As always with hop games, the host club had put a lot of effort in to cater for the large crowd.

The only goal came early, after six minutes by my watch, and despite their best efforts Ashland couldn't find a way to equalise. Similar to the earlier game at Beeston, there was no lack of quality on the pitch, just a lack of clear chances.

My plan after Bilborough had been a Notts Senior League game at 3pm at nearby Aspley Park. Annoyingly the kick off was brought forward to 2.30pm, making it very tight after this match. Luckily the Bilborough game finished promptly, giving me hope, but when I pulled into the car park at Aspley Park's ground I discovered that the venue, as well as the kick off, had changed.

I still had 30 minutes to drive to Shirebrook Rangers for a Midlands Regional Alliance game at 3pm, but I arrived at 2.59pm to learn it had started half-an-hour early. I didn't hang around to find out why, and headed home instead.









Comments