Skip to main content

Worsthorne v Langho

6.15pm  7 May 2014

East Lancashire League, Division One
Worsthorne 3 Langho 8 (att 9)


Towneley Park in Burnley is a big place, and the first problem on arriving is trying to find the playing fields that are home to Worsthorne FC. I had directions, but they were little use when I realised I'd entered the park from a different entrance.

Eventually, after a couple of wrong turns and stopping to ask directions, I located the car park, changing rooms and pitches, of which there are least seven or eight.

On a nice day I imagine it's a pleasant place to watch a game, but unfortunately tonight's wet and windy conditions were testing for those watching as well as playing.

Luckily there was no shortage of action to take my mind off the weather. Worsthorne started brightly, a penalty helping them to a 2-0 lead, but Langho had drawn level by half time

After the break Langho dominated, and should have scored more than the half dozen they managed, while they slipped up once defensively. It was, I'm fairly sure, the first time I've ever seen an 8-3 away win.








View
Worsthorne FC in a larger map

Comments