Skip to main content

Long Wittenham Athletic Club v Crowmarsh Gifford

5pm  21 September 2013

North Berkshire League, Division One
Long Wittenham Athletic Club 4 Crowmarsh Gifford 0 (att 193)

The third of three matches in one day can often feel like a bit of a struggle, but the combination of a lively game, nice weather and a decent village ground, and some good company, meant the 90 minutes flew by.

It probably didn't feel like that for Crowmarsh Gifford though. Although they were second best, the 4-0 scoreline was harsh, and they played their part in a good match. Long Wittenham scored twice in each half to earn the points.

Once again it was a roped off pitch, and one that's unlikely to be roped off for a normal game. As well as the obligatory hot and cold food on offer at the ground, the Long Wittenham clubhouse was well worth a visit; I'm no real ale aficionado, but my pre-match pint of IPA left me wishing I wasn't driving home, so I could have enjoyed another.






Comments