Skip to main content

Northside Atlantic v Ilfracombe Town thirds

15 January 2012
Hansen Cup, Quarter Final
Northside Atlantic 2 Ilfracombe Town III 3 (att 23)

One of those days when it pays to have a plan B. Having stayed overnight in Falmouth I headed to Barnstaple, hoping to see Pilton Academicals against Park United. I'd been unable to contact either club to check the fixture, and sure enough when I got to Rock Park there was no sign of a game.

I had been able to confirm Northside's game, a few miles away at Victoria Park in Bideford, and players were warming up on the pitch when I arrived a few minutes before the 2pm kick off.

The game, between two teams in the North Devon League's third tier - Intermediate Division One - was surprisingly good. Both sides are challenging for promotion, and managed some good football despite the poor quality of the park pitch.





Comments