Skip to main content

Belfry v Merseyside Police

5 September 2011
West Cheshire League, Division Three
Belfry 2 Merseyside Police 3 (att 30)

Not the greatest of evenings. Awful journey through rush hour traffic, with virtual gridlock through roadworks in Liverpool just two miles from the ground, meant I missed the first few minutes, and Belfry's ground, a roped off pitch in the middle of large recreation ground, isn't the best place to watch football in such grim weather.

But, despite the wind and rain, the sides put on a decent and entertaining display. The Police led 2-1 at half time, extended their lead after the break, then Belfry got a consolation goal from a penalty just before the end.

This might have been one of those occasional nights when I question my own sanity, but it was the final ground I had to visit in the West Cheshire League, and I soon dried out when I got back home.





Comments